Geos not compiling Ubuntu 12.0.4
Rémi Cura
2014-10-10 16:01:30 UTC
Hey,
After an update of geos (about 50 commits)
,I tried to compile geos with cmake :
The build stop at 82 % with an error.

Anybody had the same issue?
Cheers,
Rémi-C

libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp: In function ‘geos::geom::Geometry*
GEOSClipByRect(const geos::geom::Geometry*, double, double, double,
double)’:
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:491:64: error: ‘GEOSClipByRect_r’ was not declared
in this scope
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:492:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void
function [-Wreturn-type]
make[2]: *** [capi/CMakeFiles/geos_c.dir/geos_c.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [capi/CMakeFiles/geos_c.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Sandro Santilli
2014-10-10 16:38:52 UTC
Post by Rémi Cura
Hey,
After an update of geos (about 50 commits)
The build stop at 82 % with an error.
Anybody had the same issue?
Cheers,
Rémi-C
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp: In function ‘geos::geom::Geometry*
GEOSClipByRect(const geos::geom::Geometry*, double, double, double,
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:491:64: error: ‘GEOSClipByRect_r’ was not declared
Just a guess: nobody added the new RectangleIntersection code into
the CMake build script. I know I didn't, and I'm pretty sure nobody
else did. The autotools build scripts are the officially maintained ones,
do you have problems using them ?

--strk;
Mateusz Łoskot
2014-10-10 19:35:23 UTC
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Rémi Cura
Hey,
After an update of geos (about 50 commits)
The build stop at 82 % with an error.
Anybody had the same issue?
Cheers,
Rémi-C
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp: In function ‘geos::geom::Geometry*
GEOSClipByRect(const geos::geom::Geometry*, double, double, double,
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:491:64: error: ‘GEOSClipByRect_r’ was not declared
Just a guess: nobody added the new RectangleIntersection code into
the CMake build script. I know I didn't, and I'm pretty sure nobody
else did. The autotools build scripts are the officially maintained ones,
do you have problems using them ?
The CMake configuration does not maintain explicit list of files,
but it should collect all .cpp files [1] inside the src subtree.

[1] https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos/blob/svn-trunk/src/CMakeLists.txt#L14

Best regards,
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
Sandro Santilli
2014-10-11 14:05:07 UTC
Post by Mateusz Łoskot
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Rémi Cura
[...]
Uhm, then maybe geos_c.h was not regenerated ?
It gets generated from geos_c.h.in by ./configure, with autotools.

--strk;
Mateusz Łoskot
2014-10-11 15:44:28 UTC
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Mateusz Łoskot
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Rémi Cura
[...]
There is a command in the root CMakeLists.txt for it, so it should be generated
https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos/blob/svn-trunk/CMakeLists.txt#L305

Best regards,
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
Sandro Santilli
2014-10-11 16:06:46 UTC
Post by Mateusz Łoskot
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Rémi Cura
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp: In function ‘geos::geom::Geometry*
GEOSClipByRect(const geos::geom::Geometry*, double, double, double,
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:491:64: error: ‘GEOSClipByRect_r’ was not declared
Uhm, then maybe geos_c.h was not regenerated ?
There is a command in the root CMakeLists.txt for it, so it should be generated
https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos/blob/svn-trunk/CMakeLists.txt#L305
Well, I tried building it myself but for me it fails as it tries to
build .cpp files that happen to be in the source dir but are not meant
to be built ... Does it build for you ?

Remi, can it be the geos_c.h is being generated in the build dir but
another older version exists in the source dir ?

--strk;

Please help taking QGIS to the next level of quality. Before November 15 !
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing
Mateusz Łoskot
2014-10-11 19:04:48 UTC
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Mateusz Łoskot
Post by Sandro Santilli
Post by Rémi Cura
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp: In function ‘geos::geom::Geometry*
GEOSClipByRect(const geos::geom::Geometry*, double, double, double,
libgeos/capi/geos_c.cpp:491:64: error: ‘GEOSClipByRect_r’ was not declared
Uhm, then maybe geos_c.h was not regenerated ?
There is a command in the root CMakeLists.txt for it, so it should be generated
https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos/blob/svn-trunk/CMakeLists.txt#L305
Well, I tried building it myself but for me it fails as it tries to
build .cpp files that happen to be in the source dir but are not meant
to be built ...
If there are .cpp files which are not meant to be compiled, then
the CMake will grab them too, due to the globbing.
That may be a problem, indeed.
Post by Sandro Santilli
Does it build for you ?
I haven't tried, no Linux handy ATM.

Best regards,
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
Rémi Cura
2014-10-12 14:42:47 UTC
Some update for the record:
fresh git clone compiles fine with classic autotools.
fresh git clone compiles fine with cmake
fresh git clone compiled with autotools then cmake (in a "build" directory
) compiles fine.

I think it's about using a vbox shared file system.
For the cmake way, you have to use the linux file system, no win shared
folder.

Thanks all for the advice !

Cheers,
Rémi-C